Another Question!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

nichewriter

Re: Another Question!

Post by nichewriter »

You're welcome, JC. Glad to know there aren't any embedded links in your articles. Hope you get acceptances soon! :D

~Sherry
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

How to instantly find embedded links in Microsoft Word:

1. Select all text. Right click. This will bring up a menu, last item is "Hyperlink." If Hyperlink has a submenu, that means some of your text is hyperlinked. If Hyperlink just has the shortcut key next to it, none of the text is hyperlinked and you are good to go!
2. Select all text. Hit Option + F9. This will change any hidden hyperlinked text to the URL, which you can see as you scan through.

Hope this helps. These two approaches will guarantee that you've found any hyperlinks, so if you're using Word I think it's a better way to go than copying and pasting into other programs. I now do this as my very last step before submitting.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Great tip, Antonia! Openoffice Writer doesn't have that function (no Hyperlink option when you right-click on highlighted text). However, your tip works on AbiWord. Thanks! :D
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

They don't work in Word 2007. Even though this has never been an issue for me, I had to try them out. Of course, in Word 2007, the links are obvious with their bright blue color unless I'm missing something.

Ah, from Microsoft, "To remove all hyperlinks (in a Word 2007 document), press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9. I'd try it but I'm logged on using just a Web browser (cool feature of my new laptop by the way - instant online access with no bootup. You are limited to just a basic FF browser - no apps or anything like that). I'll try it in the morning.
Celeste Stewart

Update: Word 2007 technique above works like a charm! Control +A followed by Control+Shift+F9 removes all hyperlinks!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Celeste Stewart wrote:Update: Word 2007 technique above works like a charm! Control +A followed by Control+Shift+F9 removes all hyperlinks!
ooooh, you should post this in a new thread, Celeste. This is a cool trick.
Celeste Stewart

I came back to this thread because the topic came up again in another. I linked to this so hopefully the writer will be able to rid the article of those invisible links :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thank you, Celeste!