Making corrections AFTER a Submission.

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

DennisMartz

Making corrections AFTER a Submission.

Post by DennisMartz »

I think I've seen something about this somewhere in the forums, but after looking for half an hour and not finding it, I'll go ahead and post the question again.

After submitting an article and while it's still in review, is there a way to make a change to an article WITHOUT losing your place in the que? If so, what exactly is the process?

I think someone said they tried to do this and there was a problem with a file disappearing and somehow they ended up with a rejection? (I don't remember exactly what happened, it was something I read a week or so ago when I first started getting into the forums)

Thanx,

Dennis

(I don't mean to make a pest of myself, unfortunately I have lots of questions - and I've always heard it's better to "ask" then try to "fake it" )
Celeste Stewart

Re: Making corrections AFTER a Submission.

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yes, you can do this without losing your spot by going to My Content, finding the article, and clicking the Edit link. From there you must change the summaries to reflect the changes AND remove the old document and the upload the new one. If you fail to upload the document, it will be rejected as the customer receives the document upon purchase. Since it's not there, there's nothing for the customer to receive. This is also why editing the summaries alone is not enough. The edited summary is just a display of text, not the final document that the customer uses once purchased.
DennisMartz

Post by DennisMartz »

Thanx Celeste,

It's nice having people like you (and all of the others) who take time to help those of us who need it - maybe someday I'll understand enough of this stuff to be able to do the same - your time and efforts are much appreciated!
(Now go get some sleep!)

Thanx again,

Dennis
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Sleep? I'm just getting started! I have the DVR cued and am ready for some mindless entertainment. You're welcome, BTW.