New Content appearance

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

barrywiki

New Content appearance

Post by barrywiki »

Hi,

When a new article is accepted, how long does it take to be featured on the 'New Content' list on the home page?
Ed

Re: New Content appearance

Post by Ed »

Not all articles are featured here. What you see on this page is the latest content to be accepted in their respective categories. What often happens is that articles that are written for requests are released by customers for general purchase often appear as the "latest" in their category. I believe you had an article that was accepted for a request. This article is hidden from general view for three days to give the original requester the chance to purchase the article.

Thanks,
Ed
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

ah, it's the articles newest in their category. This explains why some articles stay on the list for a long time and others don't show up at all.
barrywiki

Post by barrywiki »

Thanks for the responses, guys!

I understand about my article being hidden to allow the person who made the request get first bite of the cherry. What I was looking for was an article my wife had submitted in the 'Humor' category. She kept on asking me when it would show up and that's why I posted the question. Sorry to waste time.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Don't worry, it's not a waste of time. Your wife's article should show up when you click on the Humor category which brings up a list of ALL the articles in that category. Customers can also search and find your article as soon as it is approved, which is why the keywords are important. Basically, the approved articles are visible, even if all the articles do not get featured on the "home" page. The only exception to the rule is when you submit an article to a request and then the article is only visible to the requestor for three days before becoming visible to everyone.

Hayley