Question on a Public Request

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

DennisMartz

Question on a Public Request

Post by DennisMartz »

There's a public request that states "Explain a time when you perservered in spite of your fear of the unknown" - the request also states that fiction or non-fiction are acceptable.

I thought that writing anything that is either a personal story OR fiction was not allowed here on CC - is this changed when a public request specifically calls for it?

I'd really like to do some writing on this subject, but wanted to make sure it's not a problem. I've seen where submitting a personal story like "I was stranded for 2 weeks on an island with 500 naked women" would be a problem (would, that I should have to endure such a dilema...) anyway - under these circumstances are we allowed to write 1st person (and) is fiction allowed?

Thanx,

Dennis
nichewriter

Re: Question on a Public Request

Post by nichewriter »

I believe if a customer specifically requests first person POV in the articles, you can write it in that POV and submit to that public request.
jak

Post by jak »

That's right. When a customer requests this, it's ok. But you need to mention that as an aside to Ed in the Short Summary.
DennisMartz

Post by DennisMartz »

That answers half the question - I still wonder as to the "Fiction"

Does anyone know if we are allowed to use fiction for a public request when it's suggested?

Thanx,

Dennis
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

I'm pretty sure whatever the customer asks for is ok to write. I offered a fictional, first-person piece to that request and Ed Ok'd it. It was declined by the buyer with a nice note so I took it down. It wasn't anything that would sell to anyone else.
DennisMartz

Post by DennisMartz »

Thank you Debbi (and the others who replied),

I'll go ahead and start writing - I'm actually looking forward to writing this one - even if it doesn't sell...

Thanx again,

Dennis