Public Request Ettiquette

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jennifer

Public Request Ettiquette

Post by jennifer »

With public requests, once I write an article for the public request and it's accepted, should I send a message to the requester saying I've written an article for their request? Just wondering if doing that will give me a better chance of sellilng it to them.

Or, should I send a message before writing it, saying I'd love to write this article for them, etc, then write it, get it accepted and then send another message to them saying I've written the article if they'd like to look at it.

Is it allowed to do the above 2 suggestions?
audrabianca

Re: Public Request Ettiquette

Post by audrabianca »

I wouldn't do either one. Just submit and wait for a response.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

The customer who made the request automatically receives a message saying that your approved article is available. You do not need to make contact with the customer anyway.

CC works differently to many other freelance sites because you do not have to bid or submit proposals for any project. You write the article and submit it, and if the customer wants the article, the customer buys it. Therefore sending the message "I'd love to write for your project" is generally a waste of time here. Most customers will ignore it and while you worrying about "marketing" yourself to the customer, someone else goes ahead and writes the article the customer wants.

Just focus on writing articles that meet the customers' need and submit those. If you submit directly to a public request, the requestor sees your article for 3 days before the article becomes visible to other customers who may wish to purchase the article.

Hope this helps,

Hayley
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

I agree with Audra and Hayley. Just write and submit your article to the public request. The buyer has 3 days to decide if he wants to buy your article, and if he doesn't buy it, it will go to the public pool where your article will be available to other buyers.

It is acceptable to contact a buyer with a public request if you already have an article in your portfolio that matches his request. I don't write for public requests, but I have sold articles to buyers who post public requests whose topics match articles that are already in my portfolio. And even then, I simply write a brief note along the lines of, "Thank you for considering my "Article Title". I hope it's something you can use."

~Sherry
jennifer

Post by jennifer »

Thanks guys.