Public Requests and Notifications

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jadedragon

Public Requests and Notifications

Post by jadedragon »

A little strange - what is normal?

The Sanibel Island request showed up in the internal email and on the public request list on Weds. I wrote an article on Weds but when I went to submit the request was gone (I assume someone submitted and sold an article). So I submitted on spec instead and the article was approved on Thursday. Now on Friday I get a public request email for Sanibel Island. I first thought they wanted another article but on closer inspection the request is dated Weds. I was able to follow the link in the email and submit the approved article over to the customer, but then I figured this all out.

I've noticed a slight lag between when requests come out on the site and in internal email, and the external email. I think that is ok because it gives the really active writers a jump on the requests.

So my question is - do the public requests get sent out manually? Is this a system glitch that notified (I assume) everyone of a closed request?
Debbi

Re: Public Requests and Notifications

Post by Debbi »

I'm not sure, but I keep a CC window open and check for mail, public requests, Recently Sold, and the forums all day long instead of looking at my external email.

Yes, I am OCD about my CC!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

My CC emails are late a lot. The sold email messages consistently arrive 24 hours after the fact which is annoying. . . Support says it's a fluke, but it's sure a consistent fluke. :roll: I just live with it.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Just wanted to update you on this subject.

I've just had sometime to look into the email delay, which many will know has been with us for some time now and found the cause.

You should see a little burst of emails coming through today and then the emails will be much more timely moving forward from this point. If you are still finding that your emails are delayed please let me know.

Thanks,
jrichards
Support
Constant-Content.com
Celeste Stewart

Thanks Jeff! Received a real-time "article sold" email today! So much better.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Ya its much faster now. Thanks for the fix. You guys rock!
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Glad to hear things are coming through on time. If it slows down again please let me know.
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

Thanks Jeff.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Celeste Stewart wrote:Thanks Jeff! Received a real-time "article sold" email today! So much better.
I second Celeste. I was surprised to get a Gmail notification on my Blackberry and see that it was one for an article that sold in real time :D
Celeste Stewart

Yes, it's much more exciting in real time. The way it was, you'd know you sold something if you checked. Then a day later, you'd get the email and by then it was old news and just another item to delete. Thanks again Jeff! I much prefer the happy feeling the real-time emails bring.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Actually, I nearly deleted the email about the one I sold today - thinking it was old news, and then, oh joy, I realised it meant I had sold another one. Thankyou for fixing the problem, Jeff. CC just gets better and better!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Kudos, JR! I've been getting CC emails thick and fast lately. So great to have that instant gratification when an article is accepted or better yet sells!