Fixing Errors

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

CieleEdward

Fixing Errors

Post by CieleEdward »

Since I've started writing online, I've learned a lot about SEO and its importance in titles and headings. I've also noticed that SEO does seem to make a difference for sales here.

That being said, I have two older articles with three word titles and no subtitles. They literally make me cringe. All I need to do is add new titles and a few headings to make these articles marketable. As they stand, they're awful. I noticed in an older thread someone asked about pulling down articles to fix typos and resubmitting and was told that that was probably fine as long as they alerted Ed to the reason why they pulled down the articles. I don't want to create additional work for Ed, but since these articles were previously approved I am hoping that I can just let him know that I pulled them down to change the titles and headings. I am, however, very worried about setting off the plagiarism checker since I don't intend to rewrite them, just add new titles.

Is it okay to do this? I was hoping to get a more definitive answer before I jump in there and accidentally get myself banned for doing something off the wall.
jadedragon

Re: Fixing Errors

Post by jadedragon »

Just be sure you delete the first article and resubmit with the new titles. Use a note at the start of the short summary to Ed that the article was previously approved - only the title changed. You can remove the note after approval. Good luck.