Public Request -- pricing?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AmyT

Public Request -- pricing?

Post by AmyT »

There are now a LOT of public requests from "Vvalentino" who is offering "$20-30" for a 100-250 word article. Is this just normal pay for such a short article? Or is this a really good find? Will they be expecting 1000% quality/perfection? I was also wondering if this means that it is $20-30 for a group of articles. Some of the requests are requesting 10 articles with the same 20-30 pricing. However, some are only 1 article with 20-30 pricing...

It's hard to figure out what people want with these public requests -- are private requests usually more specific?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

Amy
Celeste Stewart

Re: Public Request -- pricing?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

$25 for 250 words is decent at ten cents per word. Not outrageously high. Plus, now customers have to choose a range rather than accept a default, so that's probably pretty close to what he wants to pay. The range is usually expressed PER article, not for the entire batch. So, I take it to mean that the customer needs X amount of articles at a price of $20-$30 per article.
AmyT

Re: Public Request -- pricing?

Post by AmyT »

Thanks, Celeste! So nice to have your expertise around to help novices. :) Just sounded like a lot of $$$...

I wrote an article to the request so I am hoping for a sale!

Amy