Tips for newbies?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

solidsnake1

Tips for newbies?

Post by solidsnake1 »

I just submitted my first two articles and am still waiting for them to be reviewed. It's been a couple days, and I know I probably shouldn't be but I am anxious. Should I keep popping out articles, or wait until I get the first 2 submitted in case I'm making some errors that I don't know about? The three strikes rule is a little intimidating. Anyway, any tips on getting started would be extremely appreciated. :D
4rumid

Re: Tips for newbies?

Post by 4rumid »

Welcome!

It's probably a good idea to see what happens with your first two articles before you submit more, just to be sure, as you said, that you're not missing something important. The three-strikes rule isn't hard and fast. If a newbie forgets to use the right font, and corrects it the next time, no one's going to mind. The rule is mainly for people who really don't know how to write, or consistently make the same mistakes.

Good luck!
solidsnake1

Post by solidsnake1 »

Oh, okay. Thank you! I'm really excited to get started.
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

If I'm not mistaken the rule is you are to have 3 approved before submitting more. While you're waiting it would be a good time to draft & edit more articles so when you get the go ahead you have more to submit. It's always good to wait a day or two to re-edit an article before submitting anyhow, so this allows you time.

I've had a nice amount of sales since I began here in Feb. but 2 weeks ago I had 3 bounced back (not liking the word "rejection"). They can be bounced back for something a small as semi-colon or comma misuse. I don't know if things are really busy right now or if I'm being punished for my 3 errors but I now have 5 articles waiting for review and it's almost been 2 weeks for some.