Accepting a Previously Refused Offer

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cherylannej

Accepting a Previously Refused Offer

Post by cherylannej »

I refused an offer on an article last week, but the option to change it to 'accepted' even after declining the offer, seemed to remain.

As I had no further offers within a week's period, I clicked 'accept' but does it actually work this way...? Can we undo a previous 'refusal' and accept it after further consideration?

It also looks as if you can carry on refusing and accepting ad infinitum (on the same article) as even now that I have clicked 'accept', I still have the option to 'refuse' it again? Looks confusing, potentially.

A second question:

Once I have accepted offers (as I just accepted several others today too) how long does it take for their status to change to 'sold?' and for them to be removed from view? I guess it's dependent on the buyer paying promptly...?
Antonia

Re: Accepting a Previously Refused Offer

Post by Antonia »

I did the same thing once, and the customer never came back for the article. When we make our first choice, the customer gets an email alerting them ("X has accepted/refused your offer..."). I'm not sure if they get a second alert when we make changes - perhaps someone else can answer this. I can say that customers who make offers are expecting to buy quickly, so they might not be interested after a week.

As for the accepted offers, yes, it just depends on the buyer actually paying for them. And it may take a little longer if they use an echeck (but then it'll change to "waiting," so you'll know it's in the cart).

Good luck with those sales - hope they all go through soon :)
cherylannej

Post by cherylannej »

Thanks Antonia! I found your feedback really helpful. The buyer who made me 5 offers this afternoon has completed all his purchases tonight so I did exceptionally well today....another article is still 'waiting.'
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Oh good! Multiple-sales days are great :)