Submissions per Public Request

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

VeronicaM

Submissions per Public Request

Post by VeronicaM »

How many submissions does the average public request get? I know there's usually competition for public requests, so I was also what percentage of your public requests have been picked? Also, is there any way of finding out how many people have submitted something for a public request?
SMCarson

Re: Submissions per Public Request

Post by SMCarson »

I was wondering the same thing - if there is a way to see how many submissions a request has.
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

Submitted: 12. Sold: 5. Ratio: 42 percent.

I submitted 3 to one request and the customer bought 2. Submitted 2 to another, the customer bought neither but later made private requests. Submitted 2 to another, the customer bought both and made private requests too. One didn't sell to original requester but sold later.

This is probably not helpful in answering your deeper question (is it worth the time and effort to write public requests?). I would say it definitely is because you put your talents right in the face of someone who's buying, and if you nail it they'll ask you to do private requests. Now, that's worth the time and effort!
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

And they usually sell after the fact Veronica. I've had specific public requests I wrote that I thought would NEVER sell, and poof, they're gone.