I have 33 referrals

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

VeronicaM

I have 33 referrals

Post by VeronicaM »

Of those people, only one of them has submitted one article.

Is this typical?
Last edited by VeronicaM on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMCarson

Re: I have 33 referrals

Post by SMCarson »

I'm just impressed that you have that many referrals! How did you manage that?
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

I wish I had even one referral! How'd you do it? Do you have any to spare? 8) It's probably best to concentrate on your own writing and leave the referrals be. They'll eventually yield you a small profit, but the bulk of your earnings will come from your articles.
LaLa

Post by LaLa »

Veronica1987 wrote:Of those people, only one of them have submitted one article.

Is this typical?
I think it may be. I have 9 and only 1 person has submitted (and sold) an article. I spoke to another writer who has even more referrals than you do and none of hers have submitted a single piece.

I send all of my referrals a welcome message and try to give them a little nudge...still, nothing.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I think all of the affiliates who sign up are out there trying to get referrals of their own LOL. If anyone thinks they're going to get rich on CC affiliate sales, they have another thing coming.
VeronicaM

Post by VeronicaM »

CC affiliates surely won't get anyone rich. But I wonder why so many newbies don't submit at least one article, even for a public request.

In my opinion, CC is a gold mine. If I had more time, I would submit dozens of articles per month. But most new registrants don't see it this way. They don't even submit one article!

I wonder if it is fear that causes this.
Celeste Stewart

I think fear is a big part of it. CC is overwhelming at first. Some may be submitting articles and having them rejected, too. Also, some may sign up out of curiosity but then decide the site's not for them.

I also wonder if people sign up and then create a second account under the first account in order to get an extra boost in pay. I know of one lady who speaks on another forum as though she's sold dozens of articles on CC. Yet, if you look at her CC profile (exact same name as she uses elsewhere), she's only submitted and sold 2 articles here. Makes you wonder. . .
Gouldm80

Post by Gouldm80 »

Hmmm. That sounds kind of unethical.
Celeste Stewart

I'm just speculating. I can see someone deciding they want to use a pen name and just creating another account without really thinking about it.
VeronicaM

Post by VeronicaM »

I'm pretty sure the person would get caught sooner or later and get their account disabled.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

I used to think perhaps they tracked it by Paypal emails. But sometimes I change my email addy to my husband's (because we are linked to bank accts in different countries) and it hasn't been a problem. I mean, he has an account with his email too so we could easily be the same person. I did check with Support before doing that though.

About the referrals, I have about the same number and only 3 have ever sold arties (about the same number who have submitted). I agree, it is too bad for them!
VeronicaM

Post by VeronicaM »

I just got another referral today, so it's actually 34. But only 1 person has sold anything. That person, my first referral, sold two articles.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

In my estimation less than 10% of people who signup ever bother to submit an article. I know this becaue I've put some significant effort into writing about CC and the advantages of working here. Only 4 of my affiliate have sold anything so far (and I've not made much on those yet) but those that have done multiple submissions are seeing sale. I wrote a blog post on this very issue that you might find interesting - I sent it to my affiliates for inspiration and anyone i welcome to share it with your affiliates too. http://www.innovativepassiveincome.com/ ... t-content/
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

I had over 50 referrals in one programme some years ago. Not one of them sold anything. One of the problem with two-tier affiliate programmes is that there is a big incentive to sign up solely in order to get others to sign up...

Anyway, I have two referrals. Both seem inactive, though one had one article written at one point, but now has seemingly unwritten it as they have 0.
Raven

Post by Raven »

I currently have 54 referrals. Of those, only four have sold anything. One of those has sold more than 20 articles and seems to be doing well. Still, the tiny bit of commission we receive isn't enough to retire on. It just helps out a little.

Oh - and my writing name here on CC is not the same as my name on the forum. I chose to use a pen name on CC that is different to the one I use on other writers forums. I'm a ghost writer and prefer to stay that way :wink: