Article Rejection

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kateperez

Article Rejection

Post by kateperez »

So I am new. I wrote 2 legitimate articles that have not been reviewed and since they have not been reviewed they have no chance of being accepted by the customer.

Then I get a public notice about another opportunity I am very well versed to handle, but... because I have not had an article accepted because I do not have any reviewed articles I am unable to contact the customer so I put a text file into the request for submission link. THEN, my 2 legitimate articles, still not reviewed were overlooked and instead my NOT article communication to find out how to write for a customer was reviewed and of course rejected.

Further, I am unable to submit any more articles to be considered until the articles I've written are reviewed. How long does that take? Is this a random thing, or are the reviewers only going to review non-articles and reject them? If we were given the opportunity to actually contact the customer with questions without all this red tape it would make the customer have a wider range of choice, and the authors a wider range of opportunity.

How is one to become an author here if there is a big hole in the process? I am a good writer, I am smart, I know how to do research and I have eclectic interests.

I can't even find the Article Rejection forum that I am supposed to write all this into.

Can someone please help me to understand? All I want to do is work. :cry:

Thanks
Last edited by kateperez on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed

Re: Article Rejection

Post by Ed »

If you want to write for a request, you must submit an article to the request. We do not accept queries, resumes, or information about the author through the article submission form. Authors cannot contact customers until one of their articles has been accepted. This is how our site works.

Thanks,
Ed
kateperez

Post by kateperez »

I did write for the request. You have not yet reviewed it.

Since you like being blunt, here goes:

I will abide by your rules, but it appears that until you've touched my first articles, written a few days ago, and approved them for conent and ability to write, you've got me over a barrel.

Your reply may seem short sweet and to the point, but it was kind of rude.

All I want to know is how long it takes for your to review my original 2 official and legitimate reviews?

Thank you,

Kate
eek

Post by eek »

Kate,

We know it's a lot of stress to wait to hear whether your articles have been accepted. Since you're new, you may not realize that Ed is the only editor we have. In the past few months submissions have increased, so review of regular, non-request articles takes a bit longer. Usually about a week. Use the time you are waiting to write, rewrite, and polish more articles. If your first article is accepted, then you can contact a customer with questions about public requests. There's a lot to learn about the rules and guidelines at CC. It helps to read through some of the forums, especially.

Ed is "short and sweet" to everybody. Your frustration really came across in your questions, and I didn't sense you were especially polite. I hope it works out for you, but you really need to be more patient with the process.
Emma
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks, Emma.

Articles for requests that came in late Friday night or over the weekend are still being reviewed.

Thanks,
Ed
jadeli89

Post by jadeli89 »

clients are just constantly rejecting articles for no reasons but revenues..they are good in fooling writers especially the new ones saying everything is rejected but still uses them without even paying... :mrgreen: