views and sales

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

michaelsmoker

views and sales

Post by michaelsmoker »

I notice that my article registers a view when the editor downloads it for review, and also every time I click on the listing in my own content window. What else does the "views" column in the content window show?

I also wonder what the "downloads" listing in other people's article windows represents. Is that the number of times someone has purchased Use rights?

Also, how does it work when someone does buy an article? Do I get notified when the promise of payment is made and then further notified when C-C receives payment and can pay me?

And, finally, how much of a delay is there usually between the time a client promises payment and payment is received by C-C?

Michael
jadedragon

Re: views and sales

Post by jadedragon »

michaelsmoker wrote: I notice that my article registers a view when the editor downloads it for review, and also every time I click on the listing in my own content window. What else does the "views" column in the content window show?
How many times a potential buyer or another writer has looked at the article. Views is kind of a useless feature because what you really need is one buyer. The only possible use is that an article with lots of views but no sales might be over priced - but you need to factor out other authors views and there is no way to do that.
michaelsmoker wrote:I also wonder what the "downloads" listing in other people's article windows represents. Is that the number of times someone has purchased Use rights?
Downloads equals sales for usage rights. If the article sells for full or unique rights it vanishes from the listings.
michaelsmoker wrote:Also, how does it work when someone does buy an article? Do I get notified when the promise of payment is made and then further notified when C-C receives payment and can pay me?
Sometimes if a sale occurs but CC is waiting on payment it goes to waiting status. Sometimes payment is processed right away and it goes into the money owed total on your profile.
michaelsmoker wrote:And, finally, how much of a delay is there usually between the time a client promises payment and payment is received by C-C?
I've never seen a delay but I've heard it can happen. CC accepts various payment methods including check.
michaelsmoker

Re: views and sales

Post by michaelsmoker »

Thank you very much. :)

Michael