How Does Best Offer Work?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

HNicole

How Does Best Offer Work?

Post by HNicole »

OK, another really newbie question:

How exactly does the "best offer" thing work? Does it work for all license types?

Can someone walk me through a typical "best offer" scenerio?
jadedragon

Re: How Does Best Offer Work?

Post by jadedragon »

It works on all types of licenses. As the author you can choose to allow best offer or not. The buyer makes an offer. The author accepts or declines or ignores it. If the author accepts the best offer, the buyer has the option of buying at that price (in addition to the regular price). Not all buyers will actually buy even when you accept it. Some "buyers" abuse the system.
HNicole

Post by HNicole »

>Some buyers will abuse the system.

That is *very* good information to know.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Whether buyers try to abuse the system or not, the author has the ultimate control and can decide whether to accept or reject the offer. I have had some good sales through the best offer system, where the customer offers $50 for full rights instead of the $60 I had originally put on the article. That works for us both. If I get an offer I believe is too low, I simply reject it. Most articles sell sooner or later and often the same article will sell to customer who purchases it outright without making an offer. Many authors do not use the best offer system at all. I find it works for me.

Hope this helps,

Hayley