Sample not showing up?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jhlabyrinth

Sample not showing up?

Post by jhlabyrinth »

I got an article approved the other day, but when I checked on the status of my article, no sample appeared! I went into "Edit" and under "Content Details" I've placed my sample, so why wouldn't it show up?

The article I'm talking about is here: http://www.constant-content.com/MoreDet ... f_Bras.htm

Can anyone help?
aprilk10

Re: Sample not showing up?

Post by aprilk10 »

CC is currently swtching servers and updating the system. Our samples are being switched into images to improve security. I think there is a thread about it started by Eric under "Updates for Authors."
jhlabyrinth

Post by jhlabyrinth »

Ah, ok. Thanks.
InfoScribe

Post by InfoScribe »

I have the same problem. I sold my first article almost immediately. I've had another 3 articles accepted but none of them are displaying samples or keyword density analyses. I sent a e-mail to CC about this. CC replied yesterday to say its a known bug and that it should be resolved in a day or so. I've been impressed by the helpfulness and quick responses from CC admin.
htimsevets

Post by htimsevets »

I had my first article accepted a couple of days ago. I am seeing this same problem. I assume that since it's known to CC, I don't need to contact them specifically about my case. Is this your understanding?
InfoScribe

Post by InfoScribe »

Hi htimsevets,

I would let CC know about your issue. CC e-mailed me to let me know that my article has been accepted. I just used the "reply" option to let them know that my sample was not displaying. I think its worthwhile to let CC know as presumably articles will not sell without samples. In general, the more information programmers have about bugs the easier it is to resolve. In addition, it may give the impression to potential customers that you made the error.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

The bug should be fixed now. Eric from CC let me know yesterday that they were getting ready to update the site to fix the excerpt not showing glitch. As of 3pm Tuesday, my excerpts are no longer missing. I was really worried because I got a message from a buyer wanting to see excerpts and keyword analysis for several of my articles he wanted to buy.
InfoScribe

Post by InfoScribe »

Hmm.. Should I be getting worried? My 3 articles still have no excerpts displayed.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Uh oh - I did another check this morning and some of my articles are back to not showing their excerpts. Arrghh! I will need to send Eric another email. Infoscribe, if you're still not seeing excerpts to your article, I'd contact CC and let them know.