Change Bio/Image problem?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MelodyJCompere

Change Bio/Image problem?

Post by MelodyJCompere »

Hi everyone -

I'm new here so I apologize in advance for the newbie question.
I'm working on my new author profile. For some reason, there's a red x where the bio image should be. I tried to upload a jpeg image to go there, but the red x doesn't go away and then I'm routed to a webserver problem page.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks in advance!
:?
timothynakayama

Re: Change Bio/Image problem?

Post by timothynakayama »

Hi Everyone,

I'm having the same problem as MelodyJCompere.

At first I thought that, okay, maybe's it's a browser issue. But I've tried uploading a Profile picture with Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. No luck - it just either sends me to a blank page, or an error screen.

Then I thought it might be due to my profile picture - perhaps the dimensions were too big. So I cropped it down to a smaller size, and tried again. Still no luck.

Does anyone know whether I'm (and MelodyJCompere) are doing something wrong, in regards to our profile pics and the uploading process?

Cheers!
Tim
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

Howdy, Melody and Tim! Welcome to C-C.

We've undergone some very nice changes to the site recently (migrated to a new server, instituted some new protocols, etc.). It's possible your difficulties with your bio photos stem from that.

Send a message to support through the Contact Us link. Now, a while back one of the links wasn't working properly but I think they fixed it. If you go to an error page, scroll down to the footer and hit the Contact Us link there.

Constant Content isn't usually like this--the site has been running smoothly for years, and these troubles are seldom and quickly fixed. Be patient, read the forums and all author advice, and submit some articles! We're happy to have you both on board.

Evelyn
MelodyJCompere

Post by MelodyJCompere »

Thanks Evelyn for the guidance. I will try the "Contact us" route.

Tim - Good luck to you. I hope we can both get up and going soon, image and all!
:D
timothynakayama

Post by timothynakayama »

Hi Evelyn,

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

The error page exists outside of CC. There is no CC link to click in order to "Contact Us".

Like Melody, I will be going down the "Contact Us" route as well. I have already sent one, a week ago, but there was no reply to it. With the migration, I'm not surprised - sometimes emails just get misplaced. So yeah, I'll be sending an email again.

Thanks for the heads up!And good luck to you as well, Melody! Hopefully we can get our mug shots up :)

Cheers,
Tim
MelodyJCompere

Post by MelodyJCompere »

Hi Tim-

Any luck with your bio picture?
I'm not able to get my pic up yet.
Michi

Post by Michi »

I am having the same problem when trying to change my bio picture. I have sent a request to the contact us link twice and haven't heard anything, so I'm hoping to get a reply soon. I don't want to keep nagging! :)
MelodyJCompere

Post by MelodyJCompere »

Michi-
I haven't gotten a response either.
They're very busy, but it's frustrating when you're trying to get up and running.