No article length selected; how long should an article be?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

lillyblack82888

No article length selected; how long should an article be?

Post by lillyblack82888 »

Hi, this is my first post on here. I just joined Constant Content today so I'm a bit of a newbie to the site. I am preparing an article for a requested topic, but they did not specify a length. What should I do? I'm thinking maybe 300 words; is that acceptable, or would I be more likely to sell it if it's longer? It's supposed to be an "interesting write-up".

Thanks,
Lilly Black
Lysis

Re: No article length selected; how long should an article be?

Post by Lysis »

However long you want it to be?
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

I would suggest more in line with 400-800. 300 is pretty short. I'm bad for this, but 1100 - 1200 is really kind of long. I do try to chop them down or make them into 2 but doesn't always work. I like details (too much, perhaps).
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I believe EzineArticles has a 400-word minimum, so I'd consider using that as a benchmark as I assume a lot of customers use our articles in article directories. The last time I checked my own articles, my average was in the 500-word range.
Tianna

Post by Tianna »

I think that 500 words is pretty much the standard that most people are looking for. That's where I usually try to keep my articles. Sometimes I do shorter ones, but not often.