Problem with my summaries...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

southernrose

Problem with my summaries...

Post by southernrose »

I haven't been on these boards for months (possibly longer), but I just discovered a slight problem with my articles since the site change-over.

I've started checking over all of my previously accepted works on CC, and I noticed that in all the article summary sections, any time the symbol ' occured, it's now been turned into ".

For example:

If you"re going to go out, it"s too late go to Bernie"s Grill. It"s closed.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Anyway, this isn't an emergent issue, but I'm concerned because that looks like pretty faulty grammar and I don't want customers thinking my articles actually look like that. It would eat up a lot of my time if I have to correct all of this manually, but I will if necessary. But I was hoping there might be another way to fix it??? :D

Thanks,

Elizabeth
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Can you edit them and fix them? Or does it not work?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

The problem also exists with titles of articles that were written before the changeover. Those cannot be edited.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I also noticed this in one of my articles and I fixed it manually. I scanned a few other articles and didn't see the same thing so I thought it was a fluke. It would be a pain to manually go through each article and change them. It does look unprofessional to see the punctuation misused.
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

I can change it manually (unless it occurs in the title, as mentioned), but as Celeste said, that's kind of a pain. I have 50+ articles up, so that would take a chunk of time out of my day to go through all of them.

I've been going through them this morning, and it does seem to be in all of them. On the up side, this gives me a chance to update my articles and pricing where needed. :)

Elizabeth
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Can you show us example of this?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi! Follow this link to see an example of " instead of ' in both the title and the article: http://www.constant-content.com/index.p ... ocID=36918
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

Thanks for posting a link, Word Gypsy. Here are two of my articles with problems. I have already fixed the summary of the first one, but the title is still messed up. The other one hasn't been fixed yet. I have only had time to fix about 15 so far. One of them was a quotes article that was missing all the quotation marks.

http://www.constant-content.com/MoreDet ... 2s_Day.htm

http://www.constant-content.com/MoreDet ... Tattoo.htm

Elizabeth
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Elizabeth,
Thanks for posting the info for cc. I noticed it, but I was taking my time to get around to it. Hopefully, they can fix it, otherwise I think I will have a bit of extra work to do. Happy Writing! Gypsy