Why does cc market itself as an SEO content site?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JakeMurphy

Post by JakeMurphy »

Hi, I'm new to CC but I've submitted a few articles over the last couple of days and I've had a look around the site. It strikes me as a little odd that cc markets, so heavily, the SEO advantages of our articles.

While Google does value unique and "readable" content, the aesthetic and stylistic quality of a piece of writing is irrelevant for SEO purposes. There are dozens of sites that sell human-written & grammatically correct articles for a fraction of the prices they sell for here.

It seems, then, that people who buy content on CC intend for it to be read by humans, not just bots. So why is the site not targeted towards them?
Lysis

Re: Why does cc market itself as an SEO content site?

Post by Lysis »

It's because SEO is what all the cool kids are doin' these days.
SJHillman

Post by SJHillman »

SEO is a marketing buzzword. If this were ten or fifteen years ago, then CC might market itself as an Xtreme content site.
SLPerini

Post by SLPerini »

On the homepage it most prominently states: "Buy Unique Articles for your Website from Expert Writers". If you search Constant-Content on Google it doesn't say anything about SEO content.

In the last few months, pure SEO over quality content internet-marketers are losing their Adsense accounts and SERP rankings left and right.

Googlebot is growing up and getting smarter. As mainstream IMers/outsourcers realize this, they will be paying more for high quality copy from sites such as the one you are on.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Preach it, SLPerini.