Very Low Traffic

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

fernneuls

Very Low Traffic

Post by fernneuls »

Hi all,

I am just getting back into writing for Constant Content after taking months away. When I viewed my current content for sale (14 articles only), it seems like the traffic/hits has not increased at all.

For example:

Gardening Tips – How to Do an Easy Cost Benefit Analysis - has had only 6 hits since January 2012.
A Tour of London’s East End Markets: The Ultimate Sunday Itinerary - has only 6 hits since Nov 2011

I don't think any of my articles posted have seen an increase in hits in many months. Seems the first month after they were posted is when they get a bit of traffic and after that they die. Why?

I posted this question using a gardening and travel article just to highlight what I think are popular topics. I think my keywords are good. I don't think my pricing is too high (is it?). Is it so that the more you write, the more you get noticed? But my articles should show regardless, by customers using keywords to find articles on, say, travel anyway right? Are my titles not catchy enough? Are there not many buyers on CC compared to other sites (and can anyone recommend a supplementary freelance site that is still good in 2012)? My goal right now is to write a total of 50 here and then judge whether it's worth my time (I am very very slow at writing)...

Would appreciated any criticisms and/or advice and insight on this. Need some renewed motivation to get back into writing for CC. But for now, an average of 1 person viewing my article (a popular topic) a month is not nearly enough for sales...

Thanks for your time on this!
mnicol22

Re: Very Low Traffic

Post by mnicol22 »

Hi!

I think hits don't matter that much in sales -it's a matter of the right customer coming by. I've had articles sell within the first 5 hits, and others that are still sitting in my portfolio with more than 30. The important thing is to keep writing and adding content to your portfolio to increase your chances of making a sale. It's not unlikely for an article to sell months after and with only few hits.
SJHillman

Re: Very Low Traffic

Post by SJHillman »

I've noticed a curious trend in which articles that accumulate a lot of hits over time take forever to sell, but some articles with under a dozen hits will suddenly sell out of the blue within a month or two.