I goofed up when re-submitting an article

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

fannekahn

I goofed up when re-submitting an article

Post by fannekahn »

I came up with my first article last week and quickly submitted it. After submitting, I realized that I should have sat on my article for some time. Anyway when the inevitable rejection happened I was prepared.

I made the corrections, re-wrote some parts and was ready to submit again. I went to 'edit' and made the corrections to my summary and content and then instead of downloading my attachment, making the necessary changes and re-attaching the same, I clicked on 'reattach', not once but twice. Now instead of one attachment I had three.

Since I did not know how to undo my mistake I changed my article title by changing a word and submitted it as a new submission. Now in my contents i have the new titled article under review and the rejected article.
I hope I have done the right thing.

If I have erred in understanding the re-submission process kindly enlighten me.
iamyownboss

Re: I goofed up when re-submitting an article

Post by iamyownboss »

To re-submit, you should leave the old document as is. Don't download and re-upload, but attach a new document and then re-submit. Although it is not required, it is helpful to rename each new document before uploading, eg. "Document 2.doc", "Document 3.doc". That's just so there's no confusion
fannekahn

Re: I goofed up when re-submitting an article

Post by fannekahn »

Thank you. Clears up the confusion.