New, and some questions!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AmberM

New, and some questions!

Post by AmberM »

Hello! I'm new here and I have a few questions.

1. I submitted two articles today. Based on your experience, how long does it typically take for them to be reviewed and accepted? Should I keep writing more articles as I wait, or wait to see if the two I've written get accepted?

2. After submitting one of my articles, I looked through the categories and realized someone else wrote an article extremely similar to mine. I can't view the article they wrote, but the title is very similar and the summary leads me to believe it's about the exact same topic. Will this cause my article to be rejected?

Thank you!
jak

Re: New, and some questions!

Post by jak »

Review times vary considerably so I can't answer your first question. As you are new, I would not submit more till you see whether they are accepted. That doesn't mean you should stop writing though. Line them up ready to submit, but when that time comes give them another good proofreading first. And take on board any lessons learnt from rejections if they come - they can be quite helpful.

Re your second point, unless the wording is virtually the same - in whcih cse you will probably be suspeded for plagiarism - it won't be rejected out of hand. It's good for customers to be able to select what suits them best from similar material.

Good luck.