Question about selling old articles.

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

Question about selling old articles.

Post by contentwriter »

Hi. I have a blog that I just don't have the time to keep up anymore. I know I can sell such articles at CC so long as the byline is the same as what I use here, and the articles haven't been copied elsewhere without the byline. But is it OK too if I delete the blog either before or after I submit the articles here? I really don't want to maintain those blogs now I have other business to take care of. And for potential buyers, it would mean one less site that has those articles. These are lengthy posts I don't want to simply delete from the Web.
Lysis

Re: Question about selling old articles.

Post by Lysis »

I still wouldn't try to pass it off for full rights.
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

Of course. I will only sell them as "use" only. I just didn't say that because I already mentioned it in another thread. :)

I'm just wondering if it's OK to say "I published this before and want to sell it here as a used item, but I will delete the original post soon."
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yes, but like I have said before, make sure you're the only one associated with the content. Read the rejections forum from the countless noobs who tried to do the same thing and someone scraped their content and it showed up as plagiarism. Any new writer should be cautious. If someone with 1000 sales did something like that and made a mistake, they'd probably give them the benefit of the doubt. New writers will probably just get sacked.
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

OK. Noted. Thanks for the advice!