Big Problem with New Submission Form

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

tayalltheway

Big Problem with New Submission Form

Post by tayalltheway »

Today's problem with the new submission form is much more major for me than yesterday's issues with the word count.

Now after I submit the articles and click back into the "Edit" section, all the quotation marks, apostrophes, and line breaks have been replaced with question marks. I've tried copying and pasting from a Word doc, a .txt file, and a .rtf file as well as going in and manually retyping all these punctuation marks straight into the form, and none of it makes any difference. I've also tried two different browsers just in case.

When I click to download the .rtf file from the "Edit" page, the file also has the question marks instead of the correct punctuation.

I was wondering a) if anyone else is having this issue and b) if there's a way to bypass the new form and use the old one instead? My articles are for a private request, and I don't feel comfortable with the thought that the articles might somehow get sent to the client in their current state.

ETA: I emailed support and they fixed the issue quickly, so if any of you have the same problem, that's what I'd recommend.
Constant

Re: Big Problem with New Submission Form

Post by Constant »

This should be resolved now. Sorry for the inconvenience.