Anyone know how to change featured articles in author bio?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

WTPayne

My find

Post by WTPayne »

What I found is it works better with Internet Explorer than with Firefox. With Firefox, I couldn't scroll down to change my Featured articles. Thanks for the tips on how to include the bio info!
Aariana Adams

Changing Featured Articles

Post by Aariana Adams »

I was able to upload an image and bio with no problems, but I cannot change my featured articles. Twelve or fifteen articles are listed and they are all sold. If I use the 'search' feature, I can locate an unsold article, and select it as a 'featured article,' but from that point, nothing happens.

I noticed WTPayne's response that IE works with the list of articles, but Firefox does not. I have a Mac and use Firefox - am unsure if IE works with Mac OS X 10.4.11

Thanks,
Aariana
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I have firefox and I thought that was the problem at first, but it wasn't. Try changing your settings for your screen. Go into "display properties," click on "settings," and change the screen resolution to a different setting. I changed mine to 1024 by 768 pixels and suddenly, I could access the entire list of articles, scroll bar, and the "set as featured" button at the bottom left. Maybe it will work for you (although I am clueless about Macs)! Good luck!
Aariana Adams

Post by Aariana Adams »

I haven't changed the resolution - ever. Just tried it. Mine is set on 1440 x 900. When I change to 1024 x 768 or anything smaller, I lose one article from the list with each increment.

This was well-worth a try. I learned a bit about pixels. Thanks for taking the time to try to help. :)

Aariana
REason

Featured Article Search

Post by REason »

I have figured out how the featured article search works. Within the search word field simply type in the first word of the article that you are looking for. Nothing else. If the title of the article start with "The" then simply enter only this word.

Unfortunately, I am unable to remove articles from the featured list this way. I only identified the algorithm of the search.

I am a Firefox user but have IE as well, I have had more problems with IE than Firefox.