new member - please help on articles with pics

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

solo

new member - please help on articles with pics

Post by solo »

Hello - I'm having quite a lot of problems using the site. I submitted an article with an image but think I did it wrong. I sent the article and the photo as a separate illustration. Is that wrong? Should I be pasting the illustration into the text of the article (in Word)? Or what? Also can't find info on copyright - the photo was from Wikimedia commons, licensed for general use etc. Is this ok? Is there a page with info on copyright issues? I can't find one...
Ed

Re: new member - please help on articles with pics

Post by Ed »

Please make sure that any photo you submit, either via the photo section or as an addition to your article, is owned by you. We cannot accept photos, or content with photos, when the photo is not owned by the author.

In addition, I always advise against including photos - this doesn't really attract customers because they can't view the photo and don't know anything about its quality. Customers usually illustrate the articles they buy according to their website's needs.

Hope this answers your questions. If you need to remove the file with the photo from the article you have under review, you can use the "delete" feature to do so.

Thanks,
Ed