Rejection:Long summaries must be readable and comprehensible

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jbosari

Rejection:Long summaries must be readable and comprehensible

Post by jbosari »

I just submitted my first two articles, and received rejections for both due to improperly submitted summaries. Unfortunately, I took some bad advice about how to summarize the articles. I posted excerpts, separated by dots. The advice was based on the theory that no one can steal a writer's work if it is broken up in this way. If only I had been more careful to review the summaries on the site first!

I now have two rejections, and I am terrified to make another mistake that will get me booted off forever. I have been writing articles online for only a few weeks, but have had my articles highly rated by the sites I am writing for. The writing bug has bitten me, and I can no longer imagine myself doing anything else! I believe that I can be a successful writer through constant-content, but I made a stupid newbie mistake. If an article is rejected, then resubmitted successfully, does the original rejection still stand? Is there anything I (or you) can do about this situation so that I have a chance at success?

In addition, what is the proper way to summarize my article? I have seen posts that say one should not simply paste the beginning of the article, but write an original piece about the article. However, there appears to be a lot of content on the site where writers are simply cutting and pasting the long summary. What is your advice on this subject?

Thanks so much for you help!
Ed

Re: Rejection:Long summaries must be readable and comprehensible

Post by Ed »

The long summary must be cut and pasted from the article with spaces between paragraphs for readability. A full one third of the article must appear there.

Constant Content has measures in place to prevent content from being stolen. While this doesn't make a 100% guarantee, others are not able to cut and paste the long summary from the content purchase forms.

This does not count against you. Just take your cue from successful writers here and strive to submit articles according to the guidelines in the future.

Thanks,
Ed
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

Also, I think you might have the summary mixed up with the content details. In the submit article form, you have to fill in two boxes - short summary and content details. The content details box should be the cut and paste of your article - however you want to paste it. You could go with one big section of your article or smaller excerpts. The short summary, however, has to be original content. Just explain to buyers what your article is about in a few short sentences. Never cut and paste the introduction paragraph of your article as your short summary, because Ed will reject it.

Hope this helps!

Amy
jbosari

Post by jbosari »

Huge help, thanks so much!
jbosari

Post by jbosari »

Ed, I wanted to thank you for your help. I simply pasted 1/3 of the rticle and it was acepted. Looks like I'm now on the right track.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yep!