How do I submit an article?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Kristal

How do I submit an article?

Post by Kristal »

Just joined today, wrote one of the Barcelona articles and now I just need to figure out how to submit it. Do I click the Contact/Submit Existing Article link and the just paste my article in the text area and hit Submit?

Thanks. :)
Celeste Stewart

Re: How do I submit an article?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

No. Go to the left column of the screen and click "Submit an Article." THis loads a form where you will enter the details and attach your Word document. THere's also an area where you will pick the Barcelona request (though it's a bit funky, it will disappear and you'll need to go back and click it again - one of those buggy things that CC's working on). From there, it will take a few days for the editor to review and approve it. Once approved, the customer will recieve an email with a link to your article automatically. Welcome and good luck!
Kristal

Post by Kristal »

Thanks! I can tell I have alot to learn. This is very different than other writing sites. But it looks like the pay is great?
Celeste Stewart

It can be :) though it doesn't always happen overnight. Keep learning and reading and asking us questions. . .
Kristal

Post by Kristal »

I just read that .docx files are not accepted so I'm trying to save my articles as .doc but for some reason it keeps saving them as .docx even when I try the different formats, any ideas? I'm using Word..

Although, I do know how to save as an rtf..so maybe I will just do that.
Celeste Stewart

Go to the round Office button, click Save As. Choose Word 97-2003. That will save it in .doc. You'll have two documents with the same title. One will have the .docx extension (your original file) and the other will have the .doc extension.

I have set my Word to always save as .doc. Go to Office button, click Word Options. Click Save. Choose Word 97-2003 as the default file type.
Kristal

Post by Kristal »

Oh lovely! :) Tysm.