Public Request Quantity

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

philton

Public Request Quantity

Post by philton »

Hi im new to the site and was wandering about public requests. If a public request is :

Amount of Articles: 1
Price per Article: $20-30
Length of Article: 250
Date requested: 2009-07-29 22:54:17

Does this mean that they are looking for ONE article only, so if 100 people submitt content they will only pick one article?

Many thanks

Paul.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Public Request Quantity

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yes, that's generally what that means though sometimes the customer buys more. I think 1 may be the default value. Keep in mind that even if the original customer doesn't pick it up, it's not unusual for some other customer to come along and buy it. That's one of the reasons that writing to public requests is a good strategy. First, you have someone with an immediate need. Second, many of the topics appeal to other customers.

Also, not all writers are going for every single request. I've submitted articles to many requests that were being ignored by the other writers for whatever reason.
JessicadenHaan

Post by JessicadenHaan »

Celeste, just curious, how can we tell a request is being ignored by other writers?

Thanks!

Jessie
Celeste Stewart

It's much harder now that CC has the "three day" exclusive rule. Before, we could see the current submissions and it was fairly obvious. For example, if you saw a bunch of submissions about yoga, then you'd know the yoga request was getting a lot of attention. LIkewise, if you didn't see a lot of submissions about tree frogs, then you'd know that the tree frog request wasn't getting much attention.

Now, you have to keep your eye on the recently sold list and make guesses. After a while, you get a sense of what's going to be popular with other writers and what's not going to be. All the strategizing aside, I still go for the topics that interest me. I'm not going to bother with a $10 800-word request whatever the topic. LIkewise, I'm not going to go for a $200 request if its on a topic that has no appeal to me. However, if a $200 topic interests me, I'd probably do it.
JessicadenHaan

Post by JessicadenHaan »

Great, thanks for the tips! :D
philton

Post by philton »

thanks 4 the advice
philton

Post by philton »

so as not to clutter the board, i've submitted my first two articles last night and the reviewed them (again) this morning and made a few small changes , does my article(s) go to the back of the queue?

Im also in the UK and spell checked in English .. should i have spell checked in American English?

thx in advance
Celeste Stewart

US and UK spellings are both allowed.

If you made changes this morning, did you delete the Word document that you uploaded last night and then upload the new one? I ask because if you only made changes to the long summary without changing the Word document, then the customer will have the old version.

I'm not sure if making changes before a document is reviewed puts it at the back of the line in the queue or not.
philton

Post by philton »

yes i uploaded a new doc :-)

I'll try not to ask any more questions, until my first two articles are reviewed but here is my last one:

Do movie and TV series reviews sell here as i run a blogging site which deals mainly with this subject?