keyword question

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

4rumid

keyword question

Post by 4rumid »

Another newbie question:
I gather that keywords need to be words, not phrases. For example, I can use glucose and meter, but not glucose meter. Is that correct?
Ed

Re: keyword question

Post by Ed »

You can use both. "Meter" is vague and not many customers would try that search term. However, a customer might search for the term "glucose meter." Just as a customer who was searching for articles on pet grooming wouldn't searching for the term "grooming" by itself.
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

Thanks. I completely agree with the logic, but some sites simply don't allow phrases, only words. On the other hand, I try not to second guess what terms people will use, and try to cover all bases. Meaning I'd include glucose meter, glucose, and meter. Any problem with that?
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

those all sound good. Throw glucometer, diabetes meter, blood sugar meter, and any other thing you can think of that someone might look under. Look at the terms people search by on CC under the Search Terms tab of the Resenctly Sold Content page or on the Google keyword tool. PUt as many variations as you can think of. You just never know what someone will put!