Rejected Article Question

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

brettw

Rejected Article Question

Post by brettw »

I read elsewhere on this website that Constant Content accepts reprinted articles for usage only.

I submitted a reprinted article for usage only and it was rejected for the following reason:

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

We accept only completely original content.

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

Why does is it say they only accept completely original content when elsewhere it says they will accept reprinted articles for usage only?
Celeste Stewart

Re: Rejected Article Question

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hello,
It could be that the byline wasn't apparent linking you as the original author? For example, did your original article contain a byline? If not, CC has no way of knowing if the article belongs to you or not. Likewise, if you use different pen names, that's a problem. Also, there could be an overly long quote included in the article which could be a problem.
Ed

Post by Ed »

From our FAQ:

I submitted an article to sell for usage rights only. My articles was rejected for originality, but I am the original author of the content.
We can only accept articles that are able to be verified as original to the author. If you choose to submit content published elsewhere by you, please submit articles that are clearly credited to you with your name or the pen name you use on Constant Content. Articles that cannot be verified as original to the author cannot be accepted. If there is no name on the original publication, if the article is credited with a name that does not match your given or chosen name, or if the author's name is not easily located on the page of original publication, the article will be rejected. Do not include location of previous publication anywhere in your submission. Please note: When you submit an article that has been published elsewhere, you may ask usage rights ONLY for the article.

Thanks,
Ed
brettw

Post by brettw »

Can I go back and input my byline where the article is already online (my blog, my column at J2 Games), and then resubmit the article to Constant Content?
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yep! Stellar solution!

Ed