do you think I"ve bitten off too much?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

zwag

do you think I"ve bitten off too much?

Post by zwag »

Does anyboyd think I"ve bitten off too much by trying any of the public requests, especially the ora borealis? Do you thik I'd be tetter off starting with a comentary on Ps 23?
Celeste Stewart

Re: do you think I"ve bitten off too much?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

In general, I think it's best for newer CC writers to tackle what they know. If you know astronomy and the wonder of the nothern lights really well, go for it. If you're an expert on analyzing the books/psalms of the Bible, give those articles a try, keeping in mind that these may or may not be popular topics as far as CC is concerned. Only you can realize what you're capable of both in terms of topic as well as current technical abilities. However, keep in mind what customers here are in the market for. Some of my first submissions here were not a good fit for CC because the topic wasn't aligned with what customers here on the site were looking for.

As a relative newcomer to the CC site, I'd go with a less complicated topic myself. There are so many requirements that must be met long before the topic is even considered. For example, file extensions, font choices, word choices, clarity, punctuation, etc... Plus, even perfectly crafted articles on obscure topics may never sell! While there may be a current request for an article about the northern lights, this topic isn't one that has a wide appeal overall - at least from what I've observed.

What do you do for a living? That's a good starting point for an article! If you sell cars, write about how to pick out a solid used car for your teenage driver. If you are a brain surgeon, write about the top five symptoms of a brain tumor. If you're a secretary, write about how to type faster or how to screen phone calls.
zwag

Re: do you think I"ve bitten off too much?

Post by zwag »

thanks.