Articles in waiting

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

nichewriter

Articles in waiting

Post by nichewriter »

Six of my articles have been in waiting status since Tuesday, December 29. If they're just in someone's cart with no payment waiting to clear, could they please be released? If payment is waiting to clear, then I'm praying it clears soon :D

I'm wondering -- don't most shopping carts expire? I know when I shop online, some would empty my cart in 30 minutes, a few hours, or a couple of days if I don't complete the ordering process. It would be REALLY nice if it's the same here, with the cart being emptied after XX days -- 3 days is reasonable I would think -- that's how long buyers have to consider articles for public requests so why can't it be the same for when buyers put articles in their cart?

Peace!
~Sherry, who's off to edit articles for her husband (who's been so prolific at writing articles for CC it's making her green with envy :wink: )
SallyA

Re: Articles in waiting

Post by SallyA »

This is no help to you nichewriter, but I've got the same problem with one of my articles, which has been in waiting status for at least a week now (possibly longer as I may not have noticed it at first!).
PeggyTee

Post by PeggyTee »

I've had the same experience and it's nailbiting as to whether or not the article is sold, and is simply waiting on an e-check to clear (which could take a week) or is simply sitting forgotten in a cart, unable to be found by other prospective buyers.

Expiring a cart after three days is a good idea, and perhaps a new status title e.g. "E-check" would give us an idea of what was happening with sold articles waiting for payment to clear.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

I agree, I've had two articles in waiting for over a week - possibly the same customer as Sherry's as mine were business articles. Please can Support look at these and release them for other customers to buy if the payment is not going to go through this time! I've already emailed Support about this.

A definite 3 or even 5 day with an automatic release of articles back into the sales arena would be helpful.

Hayley
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Oops, I've got 5 in waiting. It was originally 6 but when I checked again, it's now down to 5. Hayley, those 5 of mine that are waiting are my home business articles. I submitted them on the 28th, got approved on the 29th, and were put in a cart the same day. Those articles hadn't really been seen by other prospective buyers. I have a feeling it's not my usual buyer because he has always been very quick to pay (immediate), and each day that passes increases my concern because those articles are not earning me any money. I mean, it's not the same if they're available to buyers on the site -- I can wait a long time for that -- at least they are visible and have a chance of selling. But to have articles sit in waiting status for more than a week means no other buyers are getting to see them at all. And like PeggyTee pointed out, it's nail-biting to sit and wait because we have no clue if the waiting status means "waiting in the cart" or "waiting for payment to clear".

~Sherry
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Sherry,

The same thing with my two articles in waiting - on the same day as yours, mine went into waiting and have sat there since. I just want to get them back into the pool where other customers could buy them. Hopefully, support will be able to us out soon. Jeff is usually so quick to respond on these kinds of issues. It is frustrating though!

Kind regards,

Hayley
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

My business article was exactly like Sherry's, submitted on the 28th, approved on the 29th, in waiting status right away. I already emailed Support this past Monday.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

audrabianca wrote:My business article was exactly like Sherry's, submitted on the 28th, approved on the 29th, in waiting status right away. I already emailed Support this past Monday.
I have contacted support two times using the contact form on the site to be sure they get my messages (email is 50/50 so I've stopped using it as a way to get in touch with them). No replies on those either. My husband's in the same boat - he has one article in waiting status for the same length of time as ours. It's extremely frustrating. *sigh*
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

I got a reply but nothing was done for the waiting status.
Constant

Post by Constant »

There is a pending echeck on one of the orders, so we are trying to contact the buyer. Have a little patience and we will get to the bottom of it, and let you know once we do. No one wants to lose the sales, so we figure better to spend some time sorting it out rather than just deleting the orders and potentially losing a good customer.

David
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Constant wrote:There is a pending echeck on one of the orders, so we are trying to contact the buyer. Have a little patience and we will get to the bottom of it, and let you know once we do. No one wants to lose the sales, so we figure better to spend some time sorting it out rather than just deleting the orders and potentially losing a good customer.

David
Thank you so much for the reply, David! At least now we know what's up - at least on one of the orders!
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Thanks for the update David. It is very helpful to know you are on the case. Patience is a virtue and we'll hang on for a few more days!

Kind regards,

Hayley
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Checked today and saw my 5 articles were finally released from waiting status! I feel a little let-down that they didn't sell after being out of circulation for so long, but relieved that they now have a chance to sell! Hayley, Audra, Sally - did your articles get released also or were they purchased?
SallyA

Post by SallyA »

Mine has gone back into the pool too now. Like you, I was hopeful it was a pending e-cheque but at least now they all have chance to sell for real!
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

depressing yes. That 11 day freeze almost eliminated the chances of my New Year article selling.