Promote on Bookmarking sites

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

flo2008

Promote on Bookmarking sites

Post by flo2008 »

Hello,

I would like to know if I could add my article to the bookmarking sites for promotion.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks and regards
Celeste Stewart

Re: Promote on Bookmarking sites

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm not sure about bookmarking sites. I suppose you could post a link to an article for sale on a bookmark site but I'd make it clear that the article is offered for purchase. Page views here don't matter unless the people viewing them are customers looking to buy content. If you could somehow tailor your bookmarks to that crowd, that could work but I have no clue how to do that.

I use Twitter to market my articles along the lines of "Article for Sale: Top Ten Ways to Sell Articles on CC TinyURL.link."
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

The buyers come to CC and you just need one. Driving general internet traffic to your articles might just increase the chance it gets stolen.

I think your time would be better spent writing another article. Or take the time to write an article promoting CC in general and posting it somewhere. You can mention you sell articles on XYZ through CC in the article and "here is a link." and give your referral link for authors.

It is different for articles on our own blogs or sites that pay by views/ads because we need to drive a lot of traffic to the article to earn from it. Just my two cents.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I agree with Jade Dragon. I just don't think the bookmarking crowd is looking to buy content. The key to promoting your own content is to promote it to potential buyers. The bookmarking sites, as far as I understand them, aren't specific enough.

With Twitter, you can attract specific types of followers such as webmasters. When you have webmasters following you, then promoting an article for sale can work and isn't time consuming (especially if you use a feed to do it).

But as Jade Dragon said, writing more articles is probably the best strategy there is. I usually write an article and then forget about it. The CC site attracts tons of customers looking for content, so make sure you have plenty of content available and you'll start making sales.