More than one offer for full rights

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

RMcSwain

More than one offer for full rights

Post by RMcSwain »

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty new here, so I am still trying to get a handle on exactly how some things work.

I received email today stating that I had received an offer for full rights to an article I had posted. There was no request for the article, it was just something I felt like writing. When I logged into my account, I found that the article had already been sold to a different customer for my original full asking price.

I assume that the customer who actually purchased the full rights must have done so after the customer who made the offer, and since I had not responded to the offer, the article was still for sale, so the sale went through.

My question is this: Should I manually reject the offer, or will the system automatically do that, now that the article is listed as sold?

Also, does rejecting a best offer bid have any negative connotations? Does it turn potential customers off and cause them to ignore your articles?

Thanks,

Richard
Lazers

Re: More than one offer for full rights

Post by Lazers »

What I would do in this situation is reject the request, then send the customer an email explaining what happened. :roll:
Celeste Stewart

Re: More than one offer for full rights

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Was the offer less than your asking price? If so, the customer took a risk that the article would sell while going through the negotiation process. I don't think you need to explain yourself. If you want to let the customer know that the article is no longer available, you can certainly do that. You may even suggest writing a similar (but different) article for the customer.