formating prblems with Microsoft Works Word Processor

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

zwag

formating prblems with Microsoft Works Word Processor

Post by zwag »

I"m working with Ms. NHayley. Most if not all of you may know her. She helps people by critiquing their work here on Constant Content. She sent me back a document and she said it had a bunch of different fonts and formats if I remember correctly. I've noticed when I try to put a document into the doc format on my system, even after I get into save as and change the format, when I try to exit the document it alsways asks if I wish to save it again. If I click yes it says that the document will be saved in the wps format I believe it is. It's the default format. I've gotten to where I say no when it asks me if I want to save it when I'm trying to get out of the document. sometimes, if not always it leaves me somehow with two copies of the same document in different formats. It can get very confusing. Is there any way I can make my defualt format the doc format where all my documents will automatically save in that format?
zwag

Re: formating prblems with Microsoft Works Word Processor

Post by zwag »

I'm replying to my own new topic because I had to exit it and make sure of what I needed to say on the next part and I didn't think of the possibility of saving the doc to edit for submission later. My next problem is, after Ms. Hayley sent me that doc with coments and I savged it, once I found where it was I've not been able to get it to open up whether I click save or download. IT stilll supposedly saves it, but when I click to open it, it just gives me a dialogue bxo type thing wtih the file name. I have windows vista. I don't remember what I did to open the docu to read her comments and make changes to the last doc I sent in that was rejected. I discovered that one reason for the rejection was that the format was incorrect.