Usage questions

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

KateDaniels

Usage questions

Post by KateDaniels »

I want to write some articles for usage only. Not sure about some things.
Can I offer for usage here and then put it on my own site or would I need to do it the other way around? And if I do place it on my site first, would I need to place my byline on the page on my site so it does not appear to be plagiarized? Or would it not matter since it would be usage only? I don't normally place a byline on my site pages.
Does anyone have experience putting articles on other sites? Will any sites allow you to put an article on after offering it for usage here or would it need to be placed here first? Good sites to place articles?
Any positive experience with usage?
Thought it would be a good way to use articles I have written for my own site, thus increasing the income potential for each article. Also a good way to use short articles. (min word requirement?)

Thanks, Linda
jadedragon

Re: Usage questions

Post by jadedragon »

If you publish on your own site first and then submit to CC you MUST show the same byline on the original article as your real or screen name on CC. Otherwise your work is going to be rejected and maybe banned for plagiarism.

You can also write the article and offer it for usage only on CC first. What you do with it after is approved should be your issue only. You own the rights so you can use it yourself. What you can't do is sell it for exclusive rights elsewhere (as long as it is posted here). You should also not post it on a site that requires original content (check the site's policies carefully).

There is no set minimum word length at CC but really short articles are really not worth much.
Lora

Post by Lora »

Thank you for answering this. I am a new author and want to write articles for usage only. I realize that I am limiting myself, however, I'm going to start there and see what happens. Thanks again

Lora
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Good luck :)