Approval Time- Please advise!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

NicWrites

Approval Time- Please advise!

Post by NicWrites »

Hi!

I am new, and have submitted three articles. I would like to try out these waters before I go whole-hog. One I submitted on the 7th, one on the 8th, and one on the 9th. The articles have been sitting there since then. I read a post saying that .txt files could not be read, so I changed them to .doc files. I was wondering how long the average approval time was? It seems if they do not get approved quickly the requests I was writing them for may be filled? Just a question from a newbie! Thanks! My author name is writing4you

Nicole
NicWrites

Post by NicWrites »

Now I just uploaded them in .txt and .rtf as well. Does that make it better? Just trying to get all the formats out there. Also, I am not trying to be impatient, just wanted to know what the average wait time is.

Thanks,
Nicole
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

2-3 days, sometimes faster. It just depends on the number of articles uploaded.
Keesa

Post by Keesa »

Hi, Nic:

That's something that worries me a little, too; will they have already bought someone else's article by the time mine is approved?

I get around it by focusing on requesters who want more than one article...usually I stick to people who want a minimum of 5.

That way, even if other people's articles went through before mine did, there's still a good chance that they'll want to purchase more articles--including mine. It gives me a fighting chance.
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

I do the same thing, Keesa. I've been here for two years and it's still working for me. :) The only time I reply to smaller requests is when I feel it's an area I specialize in.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Articles are approved in the order they are received so if a request comes through each writer is under the same time frame to get articles to that request.
NicWrites

Post by NicWrites »

Thanks everyone! I got approved and sold one already! Yeah! This seems like a great place to write!