Summary

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

KinsleyRoyale

Summary

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

I had a piece rejected because my summary was too short. I know it says minimum 3 sentences but I've seen others with less. How does theirs get accepted with just a sentence?
jadedragon

Re: Summary

Post by jadedragon »

Might be older inventory, might have slipped by. Lucky it is easier to add a couple sentences - you chance to "sell" the article.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I always try to make my summary a "sales pitch." I think it helps my sales, I know for me as a buyer I'd rather click on the article that gives me more information about it rather than something I'm not sure if it's a waste of time.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

I've had articles accepted with less than three full sentences, but what was there was enough to adequately describe the article. I mean an article with, "This article is a cool way to beat the heat cheaply," doesn't describe very well. "There are many ways to stay cool during the hot days of summer, but many of those ways wind up costing more than most are willing to spend. This article lists various ways for people to stay cool during the hottest months of summer without leaving them penniless in the process," is more descriptive without being three full sentences. I don't generally use "this article" in the summary, but I have seen many who do.
jak

Post by jak »

I believe the guidelines say "at least three sentences". So that's the safest thing to do.