How can I change an article title?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

lunixer

How can I change an article title?

Post by lunixer »

I have an article that I submitted to a public request. The requester chose not to purchase the article, so now I would like to change the title. Is it possible to change the title without resubmitting the article? The article is here: http://www.constant-content.com/MoreDet ... tility.htm and I would like to change the title to "Why Your Office Screensaver Could Be Putting You At Risk For Lawsuits." Thanks for the help!
nichewriter

Re: How can I change an article title?

Post by nichewriter »

You'll need to delete the article and re-submit. We can't edit the titles and even if we can, there's still the issue of uploading an updated document that reflects the title change.

Go to your account and delete the article whose title you want to change then submit it again. If it's just the title you're changing and nothing else, in the summary include a note to Ed, like "Note to Ed: This is a previously approved article. The title has been changed and nothing else" or something to that effect. Once Ed approves your article, you can edit the article and remove your note to Ed.

HTH,
Sherry
lunixer

Post by lunixer »

Thanks for the help. I emailed support regarding this. You can ignore that email.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

lunixer wrote:Thanks for the help. I emailed support regarding this. You can ignore that email.
You'll most likely get the same response, as any changes that need to be made on an article require a re-submit. But you're welcome.