Problem With Capitalization of Title

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MelissaNott

Problem With Capitalization of Title

Post by MelissaNott »

Hi there,
I recently submitted my 4th article (1st 3 were accepted) and am waiting to hear back. Problem is, when I typed my title, I know I capitalized all the proper words, but when I submitted, one of the words became un-capitalized. The uncapitalized word comes right before a beginning parenthesis; I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.. Anyway, I couldn't find a way to edit the title, and I couldn't delete the submission, either, because it immediately went to "review". I contacted CC staff with the problem, but I'm afraid the article will be rejected before they have a chance to respond my note.

Has anyone else had problems with their title capitalization "changing" on them? Thanks so much for any words of wisdom!

Melissa Nott
aprilk10

Re: Problem With Capitalization of Title

Post by aprilk10 »

Melissa, I think if the auto-capitalize feature is checked (right next toTitle), it automatically corrects the title to be as it should be if the author doesn't capitalize (or "uncapitalize"in this case) correctly. I was curious about this feature, so typed in a title incorrectly and it corrected it automatically. Perhaps the word should actually not have been capitalized? What was the title?
MelissaNott

Re: Problem With Capitalization of Title

Post by MelissaNott »

Thanks, April. The article was accepted, much to my relief. The title is "Introverts Prefer to Stay in (And They Can't Help It)". The way I typed it here is the way it got auto-corrected. I guess I can understand why auto-cap did not capitalize the preposition, "in", but it still looks weird to me. And why did it capitalize "And"? Ah, the mysteries of the universe!