Getting approved: how long?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

tlaschinsky

Getting approved: how long?

Post by tlaschinsky »

Is there an estimate as to how long it takes to get article & photo approval?

Yesterday my first article was approved within hours and my two articles today have been in review status for over 5 hours now. The photos I submitted have been in Review for over 24 hours.

Just wondering about timelines so I know the expectations - much thanks!
Debbi

Re: Getting approved: how long?

Post by Debbi »

Article review depends on whether you are submitting to a request or on spec. Requests, both public and private, are given priority and are usually reviewed the same or next day depending on the quantity in the queue. On spec articles can take up to 7 to 10 working days. Photos can take up to two weeks in my experience.
Leasha

Post by Leasha »

Good question. I was wondering the same thing as well. My first two (on spec) went through fairly quickly. I have one I submitted Sunday that is public request that is still under review. I feel better knowing a general time frame. Thanks for the help on this. :D
tlaschinsky

Post by tlaschinsky »

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it's good to know expectation times. Two weeks - wow! It's misleading when the first article zips through right away, you think all articles will do the same. Well, it's good so I know how to divide my time between different publishing sites. Thanks for sharing!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

It seems like review times have been speedier over the last month or two. I think CC has increased its editorial staff recently.
sakura

Post by sakura »

Hi. I'm waiting too to see my first submission approved. I wrote an article for a public request. Hope it doesn't take much longer before I see it accepted or rejected, this waiting keeps me rather uncertain... especially since I'm such a newbie here :D
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

Hopefully before much longer you'll see that it was accepted. Best thing to do meanwhile is to start brainstorming your next article. Good luck!