Does it take long for article to be approved?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Jean

Does it take long for article to be approved?

Post by Jean »

Hi everyone! New Author here. I'm trying to get a decent payment from CC, and if I can get at least 300 $ a month (Which is hard i know), I'm gonna quit my college focus here full time!

Anyway, I have a question, does it really take very long to get your article approved? I've heard it takes up to five days. Isn't that a major problem? And i also heard here at CC your articles get rejected a lot, really?
And another thing, I'm interested in one of the request here at CC, but over at the requirements detail, it says "Number of documments: 10" does that mean i cannot sell to him/her one article?

Wow, it is true, CC forum is very friendly. Thanks everyone! You all have cleared my doubts. Hope i will be an active member as you all!
Last edited by Jean on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jadedragon

Re: Does it take long for article to be approved?

Post by jadedragon »

It is definitely possible to make $300 (or much more) a month here. Just write a bunch of articles and figure 70% will sell in time. In fact if you were to do 1 article a day, priced at $30 = about $900 gross/$600 net to you and 1/2rd sold within 30 days of going live you would be earning $300 month in no time, plus building a portfolio that will generate more sales in the future. Numbers are rough, but you get the idea.

5 days for approval is nothing to worry about. Actual human editors read the articles carefully. Compare to waiting for months for a print editor to reject your work!

The number of documents listed is how many the buyer says they are looking for. It is common for the buyer to buy articles from various authors who submit, even when they are only looking for one article.
nichewriter

Re: Does it take long for article to be approved?

Post by nichewriter »

Welcome to CC.

CC now has a team of reviewers so articles are getting reviewed a lot faster these days. For regular submissions, it usually takes 1 to 3 days (based on experience). In the last month, I've noticed my articles are getting approved in 1 day, even sooner than that (submitted 3 articles a couple of hours ago and they got approved right away). Waiting for your articles to get approved isn't really a problem. I spend my time developing my next articles after I've submitted a few.

Re: article rejections -- rejections happen, and I've gotten a handful of those (for minor errors) since I began in 2006. I don't know exactly the rejection and suspension rates for new CC writers. You can avoid getting your article rejected by reading and understanding the submission guidelines and thoroughly proofreading your work before submitting. Spend some time reading the forums :D

Re: number of documents -- this refers to how many articles a buyer is interested in buying. You don't have to write all 10 articles. It just means the buyer may buy 10 articles from different writers. You can write however many you want and the buyer may buy all or just one or two of the articles you write for his request.

Again, welcome.

~Sherry