Request closed early

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ConstanceB

Request closed early

Post by ConstanceB »

Hi,

I am new to CC, and I am looking forward to learning the ins and outs of article writing. I like writing for public requests as it gives me some focus. I was writing an article for a request that was just closed now, more than two weeks early. Do you think I should still finish the article, or would it be a waste of time? Does this happen often that requests are closed early?

Constance :?:
cosmo

Re: Request closed early

Post by cosmo »

Hi constance,

Go ahead and submit it on spec (without a request). Sometimes you miss the deadline for the request, sometimes your article doesn't get picked, and sometimes the customer who posted the request doesn't even follow through, but that doesn't mean the article is now useless. I'm also new here, just shy of two month. My first article was for a request and didn't sell, but 3 weeks later, someone else bought it for full rights. Although answering public requests is the fastest way to earn money for us newbies, it will still eventually be bought even if it's not by the original customer. There's a stat here that says 70 percent of our articles sell. I didn't believe it at first but now I'm starting to see that it's true. Just keep writing and experimenting with the prices until you hit it big. Good luck :mrgreen:
ConstanceB

Re: Request closed early

Post by ConstanceB »

Thanks cosmo! Wow, 70%? That makes me feel a lot better.