Article for Request Still Pending

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

DeborahBlair

Article for Request Still Pending

Post by DeborahBlair »

I have an article that I wrote specifically for a request that is still showing as under review. It has been pending since 7/30. Should I be concerned? Are the review guidelines or timeframes different when you submit directly to a request?
dmarie530

Re: Article for Request Still Pending

Post by dmarie530 »

I also have the same issue. I have 2 articles accepted/published with 1 sent directly to customer, per CC email I received. 2 other articles were written and designated on submission for the same customer request. Yet they are still listed as "review." One was submitted 7/27 & the other 7/28. The deadline for submission was 7/30.
I also submitted another article for a different customer request on 8/4 which also still says "review," but I am not really concerned about that one yet.
With the 2 articles accepted prior to these submissions, I shouldn't be having this problem should I? I sent a message last week and haven't heard anything back yet.
Feedback??
Thanks
dmarie530

Post by dmarie530 »

Of course after making the above post, both those articles were almost immediately rejected, for a comma that does not belong, and because CC wants me to use the word "less" when the statement by the author in the article I referenced is "least."
But until I made the post, the articles sat there 10 days.
maryaz

Post by maryaz »

I submitted my first two articles last week. They're not for requests but it seems most people's turnaround time for reviews is much quicker. I've been chalking the delay up to the editors possibly being away on vacation this time of year, but am starting to wonder if I'm missing something bigger.

Has anyone else experienced a longer turnaround time than usual? Does it generally take longer if your articles are not submitted for a particular request? Would it be worth contacting them?

I'm nervous they'll be rejected as they're the first two I've written, despite having checked them each several times! I'm eager to get working and writing, though, so hope there's more information soon.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer!
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

Yes it takes longer to have an article reviewed if it is not for a request. Support posted a notice several weeks ago saying that review times were taking a little longer due to many submissions. A week sounds fairly typical. I'd give it another few days before thinking about contacting support.
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

I submitted a Press Release for a Private Request weeks ago and I'm not happy to see that it's still
being reviewed. The actual request has gone, of course.

The articles that I submitted to Private Requests used to be reviewed very quickly.