Am I about to get banned?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Oxymoronica

Am I about to get banned?

Post by Oxymoronica »

So... This three strikes rule worries me - I have noticed that a lot of the really prolific writers here reassure us newbies that it's really more of a guideline for getting rid of incompetent writers, and not to worry if an article has been sent back for minor revisions like commas or something. I have had two articles sent back because my conclusion paragraph was insufficient. Clearly, I need to work on writing conclusions - that isn't my problem, I'm always happy to find new ways to improve my writing. I guess I am worried because having an entire paragraph deemed insufficient seems a lot more serious than the "minor revisions" we have been told not to worry about.

I rewrote both conclusion paragraphs and resubmitted them, and they were accepted with no further issues, to make a total of ten accepted submissions. I have three new articles in the review process right now, and I just got scared about whether, if one of those articles gets rejected for something I have overlooked (though I devoted plenty of time to perfecting my conclusion paragraphs, I assure you), is that enough to get banned for the three strikes rule?
BCaldwell

Re: Am I about to get banned?

Post by BCaldwell »

I'm a newbie too but from what I have been reading on the forum you shouldn't be banned.

I only still have three articles in the queue so you are way ahead of me. I didn't understand the process of resubmitting one of my rejected articles so I have done it three times and I am nervous too. I am a good writer, but still......

I am paranoid about submitting anything else until I see if ANYTHING gets accepted!
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

I have about a dozen accepted articles. Only two have been accepted without first having edits sent back, and three of those articles required me to resubmit edits several times. I'm no longer worried about this.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

From what I can tell the rule is to cover the site when they ax less than capable writers. If you are improving and resubmitting you should be fine. Look at CC as a chance to step up the quality of your work and you will be fine.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I actually use my CC articles in my portfolio or sales pitch, because I know that my grammar is good and I don't have any typos in it. :lol: