Holiday articles?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MichelleT

Holiday articles?

Post by MichelleT »

Is it too late for submitting holiday-related articles? I have some articles I really would like to send through, but I'm afraid they will sit there waiting for approval, then it will be too late for them to sell. It's been eight days, and I am still waiting for my first article to be approved.

Would you submit holiday topics a week into December?
Lysis

Re: Holiday articles?

Post by Lysis »

I'm on the 5th or 6th day for review on public requests, which are supposed to get reviewed first, and well...it sucks. So, I don't know about holiday articles. New Year's is probably still ok. Xmas might be cuttin' it short.
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

Hello! :)

I was actually thinking about the same thing, but I decided not to submit any holiday-related articles since I didn't have any ready. I would suppose that the editors give priority to seasonal articles since they hae a limited lifespan and they are more likely to sell during this month, but then I don't really know in what order they review articles. :? I would say submit them anyway. There's nothing to lose, really! If they haven't been reviewed in a reasonable amount of time, just use them somewhere else.
SidSnyder

Post by SidSnyder »

It sounds like you have already written the holiday articles, so why not go ahead and submit them? And if they don't sell this year, there's always next Christmas. You'll probably need money then, too! I have sold a few holiday articles, but have a few others still available. If the rest don't sell, I'm just letting them there until next Christmas.