Public Requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Michelle120

Public Requests

Post by Michelle120 »

When responding to public requests where a certain number of articles are requested, what is the protocol? Do you write one sample article and submit it to see if the requester would like your services? Or, do you write say all 10 articles (if that's what they requested)? If the requester doesn't choose to use your articles they are just ours to do with whatever we please right?

Sorry, I've obviously never dabbled in the whole requested content thing yet! Just trying to follow the rules! Thanks...
Celeste Stewart

Re: Public Requests

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You can submit as many as you're willing to risk. If the customer appears new (0 purchase rating), I'd start with just one and see how it goes. If the customer has a high purchase rating, I'd be more inclined to submit several articles. You're never under any obligation to submit all 10 requested.

If the customer does not purchase your article, then yes, you can do whatever you want with it. Keep in mind that it will go into the general CC catalog if the customer doesn't purchase it within three days. You can:
* Do nothing and see if the article sells to someone else
* Edit the prices up or down
* Delete the article from CC and use it elsewhere
* Remove the Unique/Full Rights option on CC and then post the article on your blog, on a revenue share site, etc...
Michelle120

Re: Public Requests

Post by Michelle120 »

Thanks Celeste!