Category trouble

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Raya Wolfsun

Category trouble

Post by Raya Wolfsun »

I wrote a piece in response to this request:
http://www.constant-content.com/index.p ... st&id=2350
...but I have no idea what category I should use for submitting it. It is a fictional letter setting up a scavenger hunt, so it is not an article, review, blog entry or tutorial. 'Private Request' seems like the best choice, except that it wasn't a request made privately to me.

What should I do? Any help would be much appreciated. :)
NicWrites

Post by NicWrites »

I put mine in "children/family" or something like that and it was accepted.
Ed

Post by Ed »

"Parties" under "Entertainment" is probably the best spot for it.

Ed
Gail Kavanagh

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

It takes ages to go through the categories and waiting for the page to reload (I'm on dial up). When we had the old category page I opened all the categories and copied and pasted it into a document so I could see at a glance where the sub categories are. I've lost that document alas, and I was wondering if CC could have a similar page, where we could see the categories and sub categories at a glance so we wouldn't have to search for them through the drop down menu. It can be very frustrating - I was certain there was a DIY category, but no matter how many categories I searched, I couldn't find it. The whole thing took ages and I just gave up in the end and chose the category that seemed most appropriate.
Keesa

Post by Keesa »

Yeah, the categories can be quite confusing...

On a similar note, if one of the CC writers were to make such a list, would CC put it on the site? Maybe as a link on the Submit Articles page that pops up in a new window when you click on it.

I say this because I know the CC staff are very busy, and probably don't have time to do this themselves. But I'm sure several CC writers would be willing to compile the actual list; I know I would. And it would be so helpful to be able to see "at a glance" which category to use.